Winter Conference and Exhibition
December 6-8, 2016
JOINT EVENT WITH THE MISSOURI PEST MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION
Argosy Hotel and Casino – Riverside/Kansas City, MO
KPCA Annual Meeting
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Argosy Conference Center
777 Argosy Parkway
The Annual Meeting of the Kansas Pest Control Association will be held during the KPCA/MPMA Joint Winter Conference and Exhibition.
Questions? Contact us at 785-271-9220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Conference, visit
PROPOSED BYLAWS CHANGE
Subtractions in bold black strikethrough; Proposed changes in bold red italics
Proposed New Region Map included
ARTICLE VII – DIRECTORS
Section 1. The affairs of this Association shall be managed by a Board of Directors consisting of President, President-Elect, Vice President(s), Secretary/Treasurer, the immediate Past President, a minimum of one (1) Member from each of the three (3) four (4) Regions described below, one (1) Member-at-large, and one (1) Allied member appointed by the President, known as the President’s Appointee, and one (1) Allied member, known as the Past President’s Appointee, who served as the President’s Appointee the previous year.
Section 3. There shall be a minimum of one (1) Board Member from each of Regions I, II, and III, and IV as more particularly illustrated in Appendix “A” attached hereto and forming a part hereof. Provided, however, that bona fide Members of the Association residing in States bordering the State of Kansas may be elected to serve as Board Members from the geographical regions which are immediately adjacent to the counties of residence of such Members.
These proposed changes were passed unanimously by the KPCA Board of Directors and Officers to be proposed to the membership for consideration. These proposed changes create two new positions on the Board of Directors of Officers.
The creation of a new Region (Region #4) is due to several factors:
- The Kansas population has changed and shifted since the regions were last reconsidered more than 30 years ago.
- KPCA wants to maintain a balance of urban and rural representation on the Board. Creating another region helps maintain this balance.
The creation of a Past President’s Appointee of an Allied Member is another important step for the development of KPCA.
- Currently, the President’s Appointee serves one (1) year, appointed by the President who serves that same year. When the President’s tenure is over, they become Past President and their appointee leaves the board after one (1) year of service.
- Under this proposal, the President’s Appointee would move to the position of Past President’s Appointee the same time the President moves into the Past President position.
- This provide continuity and allows for the Allied Member to serve two (2) years on the Board instead of one. This is in-line with how long a Director serves in a Region position.
- Having an individual serve two (2) years instead of one is beneficial, allowing them to fully embrace the position, provide input and follow through on long-term initiatives.
- Allied Members are an important component of Kansas Pest Control Association Membership and important to the industry. This change allows for two (2) Allied Members to serve on the board, providing important voices to association efforts.
Voting on these proposed changes will take place two ways:
Option 1: A vote will be taken at the KPCA Annual Meeting Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. during the KPCA/MPMA Joint Winter Conference and Exhibition.
Option 2: A ballot is enclosed. Fill it out and return to our offices. Each ballot must be signed by the voting member to verify its authenticity.