1948 KPCA Founded
1950s Association works on most pressing issues of the time: low-ball pricing and fly-by-night operations. Leads the way in regulations that solve these problems.
1958 Annual Meeting with Kansas & Missouri. Bill J. Hawks, Ward Combs, and Fred New preside over the meeting. Bob Russel was the keynote speaker on termite control.
1960 Begin official partnership with the NPCA, the national association that would eventually become the National Pest Management Association.
1968 First workshops for realtors and pest control companies are held in Manhattan.
1970s Governor Robert F. Bennett signs the proclamation making the month of June “Pest Control Month”.
1975 KPCA hires its first lobbyist: Les Arvin
1979 KPCA adopts “Good Practice Procedures in Making Termite Inspections and Reports”.
1984 Vernon McKinzie, KPCA member, is elected President of NPCA
1986 Verifiable Training is officially adopted
1987 KPCA forms a relationship with the Kansas Association of Realtors.
1990s Kansas Legislative Day begins
1993 KPCA changes is name from the Kansas Termite and Pest Control Association to the Kansas Pest Control Association.
1994 Regulations are unified at the State level, preempting local regulations of pesticide use.
1994 First woman is elected President of KPCA: O. Carolyn Nelson of Schendel Pest Control, Great Bend.
1998 KPCA retains its first booth at the Kansas State Fair
2011 Longest serving Association Executive Director Hal Hudson retires.
2015 KPCA begins its Master Technician Program